greasemonkey2386
greasemonkey2386, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications A1,A4,A5,and A7 10+ years professional hands-on experience

the power windows,sun roof, wipers and indicators stopped working

Customer Question

the power windows,sun roof, wipers and indicators stopped working all at once
Category: Car
Expert:  greasemonkey2386 replied 1 year ago.

greasemonkey2386 :

hello, i will be helping you get to the bottom of this, do you have a way to do some electrical testing on the car for me?

greasemonkey2386 :

did you have any blown fuses?

Customer :

I checked all the fuses all the fuses are ok. A mechanic friend told me that it is some kind of power control module that is bad but i need to know the exact thing before ordering a replacement.

greasemonkey2386 :

yes there is a module that controls all of these things, the wiring diagram is TERRIBLE unfortunately

Customer :

what is it called if i need to order it

greasemonkey2386 :

do you have a printer there? i can send you all the diagrams and you can print them out, it would be easier to see that way

Customer :

Yes I do .Send to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

greasemonkey2386 :

the diagram is calling it a cf moduel

greasemonkey2386 :

module

greasemonkey2386 :

i will have to upload them here

Customer :

Thanks

greasemonkey2386 :

Full Size Image
here is one

greasemonkey2386 :

Full Size Image
and 2

greasemonkey2386 :

Full Size Image
and 3

greasemonkey2386 :

Full Size Image
here is 4

greasemonkey2386 :

Full Size Image
number 5

greasemonkey2386 :

Full Size Image
number 6

greasemonkey2386 :

Full Size Image
number 7

greasemonkey2386 :

when you print, 1 through 4 go next to each other left to right and 5 through 7 go underneath, the number 8 is blank so you will have a empty corner

Customer :

If I need to order a replacement part from Mercedes or another auto part place what is thye exact part name or number that i I need to order?

greasemonkey2386 :

hold on i will look that up

greasemonkey2386 :

CF control module N57

greasemonkey2386 :

Convenience control module they call it in another area of the manual

greasemonkey2386 :

you will want to check the relay as well

Customer :

Is there a part number on this item I cant find anything on this and the dealer says they are not sure unless they do analysis.

greasemonkey2386 :

i have not been able to find a part number yet, i will do some looking at work today and see what i can come up with

Customer :

Thanks

greasemonkey2386 :

got it! 140 820 0026 got that from a contact at a local mb dealer

Customer :

Thanks I verified that

greasemonkey2386 :

is there anything else i can help you with? if not please rate the service you got from me, i hope it was an excellent experience!