Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Suzuki Forenza: purchased 06 Forenza, no head lights or tail

Customer Question

purchased 06 Forenza, no head lights or tail lights nor high beam unless the dimmer is pulled back and held. the fog lights come on when put in gear. Break lights ok
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is Tim, this is most likely a bad head lite switch, do you have a volt meter or a test light, we can check real quick?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The current issue is that the car is with my son in another city. If you could give some steps we do have volt meter.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
Ok, at the headlight switch, check for power on the light blue wire, this should have power at all times, then check the purple wire for power when the lowbeams are on, if it does not have power on the purple wire, then the headlight switch is bad, if there is no power on the light blue wire at all times, then you need to first replace the headlight relay, but I doubt this is the problem, if the lights come on when you pull back the handle, it is most likely a bad switch,Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Tim. This helps me to which direction I will need to go.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
Anytime my friend,Tim