tripletauto
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience

how to remove door handles and window handles from a 2007 gmc

how to remove door handles and window handles from a 2007 gmc truck
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you asking about the inside handles or the outside handles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
inside
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
is this a 1500, 2500 or 3500 GMC? does it have power windows or a crank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2500 work truck
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
does it have power windows or manual?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
manual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no power at all
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
to remove the window handle, you will need a special tool to remove the clip, these tolls can be bought at any parts house for about 5 dollars, the tool slides behind the handle and pops the clip out tha holds the handle on, The clip is #1 in the picture below
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see picture and there is no clip on either handle
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
I am having problems posting the pictures, I will opt out and see if another expert can post them, hang tight,Tim
Expert:  tripletauto replied 1 year ago.
Tim is correct there is a clip behind the window handle. There should be a plastic collar(washer) between the door panel and the window handle. You will need to get the clip out with a handle tool or a right angle pick. The clip is hard to see but it is there. I will atach an image to give you an idea. As far as the door handle,yours has the big handle below the armrest correct?
For the handle you need to pull it open and use some needle nose pliers to remove the foam seal around it.Then you should see a clip holding it on remove this clip.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you I knew that latter model it had a clip that I could see but this one doen't show as easy. the door handle was one I haven't seen one like that.
ok yes it is hard to see almost impossible.
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience