Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Saab: 2 issues to address,I have the theft warning light

2 issues to address,

I have the theft warning light thats comes on the SID displace periodically when starting the car. Is there a way for me to simply disable something to stop this, I also have the engine light on, car performs flawlessly and has since the light came on approx. 6000 miles ago. Autozone read code as P1110 and 1334. I am trying to sell my car (2004 9-5 Aero ), beautiful car, but this is detering people from buying due to thinking something serious is wrong. I am out of work and can not afford to take the car to a dealer. HELP
Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .

I just noticed that your question was not getting a response, so i thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this issue

Regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, still need help. No one has responded yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get my response?

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt.

Sorry to hear you are out of work ,and i hope this new year brings you work .

With the two codes you have P1110 and P1334 is not an easy job for a none trained technician . what i would suggest is find a good Saab approve shop rather than a dealership (cheaper).
P1110 Charge Air Bypass valve .

graphic
P1334

This is normally a wiring harness issue so you will have to check the wiring harness and connections .

graphic

P1334 Combustion Detection Cyls. 3 & 4 Faulty Circuit

You will need a good auto electrician to check this .

I know you said you are out of work but you will see if you can get the money to fix this as you need to sell the car and then you will have the money back or talk to the buyer and make arrangements for you to sell a bit cheaper .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg,

I had guessed that your response to my second part would be as you stated, needing a proper tech to physically look over the Saab.

What has a potential buyer I have now more concerned, is the "theft failure" readout on SID when starting the car. I simply hit the clear button and this resolves the issue until the next start. Any thing I can do with this?

Thanks in advance and a great New Year to you and your loved ones.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I never recieved a direct response to the first question. The

"THEFT FAILURE" that displays on the SID. This comes on approx. 50% of the time when starting the vehicle. I am able to remove this by hitting the "CLEAR" button. Your thought?

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt.

Each time you start the car the management system does a check and in your case sees a malfunction .

The only way to see what has malfunctioned is to hook up a diagnostic tool to see what has malfunctioned then you will know what has to be repaired or replaced .
The clear button just clears the memory until you switch off then back on again .

I don't think you have a big issue with this as the car still starts .

Hope all goes well with the sale and wish you all the best Matt .

As said times are hard all round the world at the moment ,hope you find work soon .

Kindest regards Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: 17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,