Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford Territory: Hi,My father has a problem with his 2007

My father has a problem with his 2007 Ford Territory, his brake lights were not working, so
he started to check fuses one at a time consequently the vehicle has shut down on him, any ideas on how to repair this?

Thanks Jason
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Yes i do still need help.

thanks Jason

Is the vehicle not starting at all?

Is there a security or theft light on on the dash when trying to start this or is this light flashing at all?

Were all fuses put back in their correct location?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The immobilised signal is flashing.

O.k.,it sounds like the vehicle is in a fail safe theft mode.Unfortunately my info doesn't show if this can be reset manually,this most likely has to be reset/relearned by a local dealer or shop.In some cases this may need programming downloaded to the vehicles computer for this relearn.

I would contact a local dealer or shop to see if they know of a manual procedure and if not then you would have to take it in to them to have this corrected here.

When the fuses were removed and installed this most likely caused the theft mode to activate here.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,