greasemonkey2386, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications A1,A4,A5,and A7 10+ years professional hands-on experience

Suzuki Vitara: would it be possible to change suzuki J20 engine

Customer Question

would it be possible to change suzuki J20 engine hydraulic lifter to mechanical one. if possible what change shold be performed?
Category: Car
Expert:  greasemonkey2386 replied 3 years ago.

greasemonkey2386 :

hello, no that is not a possible modification, the design of the entire valve train is different to account for the use of hydro lifters.

JACUSTOMER-uxw4psfa- :

My last question, as you know that the distance between the cam lobe contact surface to valve stem contact surface in hydraulic lifter is greater by 9-11 millimeter (if I was not mistaken) compared to mechanical lifter is there any after market mechanical lifter with the same diameter (30.959-30.975 millimeter) in your knowledge that could compensate for this difference?

greasemonkey2386 :

not that i can think of, that isnt something that i can just plug into a database either unfortunately. Why did you want to replace them anyway? they are a better system anyway