Bosch2012, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Expert in diesel fuel injection machanical and electronic on vehicle fault finding

isuzu: isuzu denso pump timing ?

Customer Question

isuzu denso HP0 pump timing , i am not getting fuel out of pump at all . I know it has to be timed but how ?

Category: Car
Expert:  Master Tech Lee replied 3 years ago.

Leon Davidian,Sr. :

Welcome to My name is XXXXX XXXXX online automotive technician. I am reading your comments. I will be right with you. Thank You

Leon Davidian,Sr. :

Year model please and engine size Thank you

Leon Davidian,Sr. :

Thanks Henery, Leon

Isuzu 6UZ1XDHBA-01 , model BH-6UZ1 with a Denso pump (p/n-094000-0561,8-98013910-0) i dont know what year , thanks

Expert:  Bosch2012 replied 3 years ago.
Hi, i can help. Is this Isuzu pump electronic or machanically opperated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

electronically operated. With flash codes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Any info on question ? Merry X-mas
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Bosch2012 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, a merry christmas to you to. The first thing I suggest you do is to take the pump in to your local diesel fuel injection specialist as the pump timing has to be set. After completion of the pump timing, you can remove the tappet cover on the engine and establish true TDC, there is a TDC timing mark as well as a pointer or line on the timing cover which you have to align. You then need to slide pins, I think its a six mm and an eight mm. Sice, into the timing gears on you diesel pump and you camshaft. Please shout if you need more help with this? Regarding the blink codes, I will sent the description of faults to you as soon as Wednesday the 26th of December. Regards and good luck, Riaan.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This pump has a shaft/coupler that connects to the flywheel not the front engine timing cover .
Expert:  Bosch2012 replied 3 years ago.
Good day, my apologies, please check if this pump are equiped with a timing pointer? This pointer are normally sittuated on the governer side. You have to remove a screw/plug to see this pointer.