Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

CH - Ryl

Customer Question

my 92 3.2litre tropper is in back-up timing mode. the feul system is shut down as well as the heater circut. have spark at the ignition module. when i turn the key to run position ecm supplys no power. there are no dtc to scan or fault codes present. how can i return the ecm to the factory settings before all thats happened? it happened at a outside temp, of 32 f or 0 degrees celcius.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Ok sounds like the ECM has shorted out internally was this checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no that has not been checked. how can i do this withouy causing any more harm? i have several years of knowlege yet when it comes to testing ecm,s im tryin to catch up.
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Ok this would need to actually be opened up and the circuit board tested. Usually once it's opened you can see and smell the burned circuit board and know that's the issue . If it's shorted out you can get one from a salvage yard or ebay for about 100 dollars and there is no need to have it programmed to the vehicle just plugs in. These are the next steps. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated. Have a safe and Happy Holiday!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well im impressed really!!! thats the kind of response ive been waiting for . thank you very much!!! you have been a tremendis help getting a single mother an intelligent path to head down.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you that is awesome advise!!! i rate this interaction at a level not listed!!! the best information ive come across all week!!!

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Anytime.Hoped this helped. Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated. Have a safe and Happy Holiday!