porscheguru
porscheguru, Technician
Experience:  Highline automotive technician
71042349

Maserati Gran Turismo: I have a 2008 Maserati Gran Turismo. Battery

I have a 2008 Maserati Gran Turismo.
Battery is flat.
I cant open either door with manual key!
Is there a way to get into the car? or add a charge so door can be opened?

porscheguru :

Hello, when you are available, I will help you get the door open and gain access to the battery.

porscheguru :

Hi Kevin, I want to be able to walk you through this while in chat. I will return to chat when you return.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX line now.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

Thanks

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX line now and will be most of afternoon.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

Hi are you able to talk me through getting door open

porscheguru :

Hi Kevin, I am here for you now.

porscheguru :

Are you by the car now?

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

no inside is it easier to do over phone

porscheguru :

It does not matter and we can't exchange phone numbers or email addresses as software will remove it.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

ok car just outside,

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

let me know what to try

porscheguru :

OK, did you pop the cap off of the drivers door handle to access the lock cylinder?

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

no there is a key access point under handle

porscheguru :

You are stating in your question that you already put the key in the door lock cylinder and nothing happens?

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

yes tried turning key t open manually but doesnt work, doesnt pop up lock

porscheguru :

And you turned it all the way left and right?

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

yes makes a clicking noise but doesnt open

porscheguru :

Unfortunately there is no other alternative but to get somebody physically involved. We have a tool at the dealers that we use. It is a very small inflateable pillow and then we place it between the door and the body. We inflate the pillow (with a bulb like in a blood pressure tool) enough to be able to place a very long rod into the car and then we can pull the door handle open with the rod. Then you can acces the remote access pull for the trunk located under the right rear seat.

porscheguru :

I think this has more urgency to get repaired than you can wait to buy this tool

porscheguru :

But, if this has small urgency, I can give you the link to buy this tool and you can do this yourself. The dealer might gouge you a bit due to the situation

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

dealer i use is in lyndhurst, may be worth buying tool. would AA be able to help home start, is it not possible to jack front and add a charge in engine somewher to be able topen door?

porscheguru :

Yes but dangerous and possibly damaging to car. This tool is the easiest. Yes, all AAA companies carry these tools now as they are very easy to use and cause NO damage to the car.

porscheguru :

Do you know where the emergency pull is for the trunk?

porscheguru :

or boot as you guys call it!

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

ok will get hold of AA and get them to do it, thanks for your help with this, once in to car will be relatively simlpe to access boot and batery

porscheguru :

Here is the tool. I bought one just to keep in my car. You can't use "slim jims" on any modern cars anymore as there are theft plates in the doors to prevent opening the door like that.

porscheguru :

Once AA gets in the car, do you want a couple pics of where the release for the trunk is?

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

seen video on line thanks so should be ok but there again if you have some would help

porscheguru :

http://bit.ly/UZB4GX

porscheguru :

http://bit.ly/QZJBJv

porscheguru :

Buy yourself a BigEasy Classic and the plastic loop to pull the handle. It will pay for itself in 1 time. I think they are under $75 USD for everything

porscheguru :

Just keep them in your garage for emergencies

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

will do, many thanks for your advice, have a good day. Kevin

porscheguru :

You are welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

no thanks will get on to AA now, cheers

porscheguru :

Happy SAFE Holidays!

porscheguru :

Thanks for lettting me help you and can you please rate my assistance in a positive manner as this is the only way I will receive credit, thanks and thanks for letting me help you.

You can directly request me here: http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-porscheguru/

Feel free to contact me for anything! I have an alert on my phone if somebody needs me. Kind of like Superman! :-)

porscheguru :

Good Bye my friend and take care! You have a cool car with an amazing sound from the exhaust!

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

appreciate that and you are correct sound is amazing