Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

how do I change a Suzuki headlight. Both are out. I have had

how do I change a Suzuki headlight. Both are out. I have had the front drivers side replaced three times. One time it went out and the all of a sudden came back on. Last night I was out with my small children and both went out. I drove with my high beams on home. There is not a suzuki dealership around me. I cant afford to pay to have both replaced.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
if you open the hood and look with a flashlight can you see the backside of either headlamp where the bulb sits in the backside of the headlamp assemblies them selves ?
Expert:  Master Tech Lee replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX online automotive technician.

I am reading your comments. I will be right with you.

Thank You

Here is how to remove headlamp:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i see two black caps

We need to check the wiring to see if there is a simple short or ground problem. First do not touch the new bulb with your fingers. the oil from your skin will burn out bulbs. If you have in the past bulb replacement, then there is your problem. Pay attention this time to not touch the glass part of the bulb. Let me know, Leon
have i been of help to you and do you have any other questions on the headlight replacement? Leon
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

can you remove the 2 black caps ?

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

behind each cap should be a headlamp bulb can you see those ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i was able to get one pulled out but i am not sure how to take bulb off

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok once you can see the bulb unplug the electrical connection to it and looking at this picture does yours look like the picture top right or bottom on how the back of the bulb looks ?graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

bottom

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok once it is unplugged grab the back of the bulb and turn it and it should unlock and come right out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i pulled out the wrong ones these bulbs work

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok put it back in and can you get to the other bulb like you did the wrong bulb?if so try to remove that other bulb the same way
Hello how are you doing with the bulb replacement, Leon
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

I Have this customer covered Leon thank you for the assist but as you can see I replied at 9:21 and you replied at 9:24 thank you

is the other bulb held into place just like the first bulb you removed ?

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
or does it look like the top left in the picture ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

ok if it looks like the top left there is a small metal spring clip that holds the bulb in

looking close at the top 2 pictures you will see the black arrow pointing at the park you need to push down and turn for the spring clip to unlock. Once that happens you move the spring clip to the side and take the bulb out and reverse order the install the new bulb

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i unplugged a hard small black cap that is attached to wires. there is a large soft rubber ring left with two prongs sticking out. was i suppose to remove the tubber to get to spring clip becuase right now there is not one

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
yes remove the rubber to get to the spring clip.if there is not any rubber do not worry about it the goal is get to that clip and unplug the electrical connector to the bulb and get that bulb out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok the trick was taking the rubber rings off. found the sping clip and i was able to get clip out and remove the bulb. i have to now go get more bulbs. what do i do if i get home and either cant get back in or it not the bulbs because the bulbs look fine

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
if its not the bulbs you are going to need a multi meter and we would need to do a bunch of electrical tests with schematics and test wiring
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i am going to get bulbs. when i unplugged the cap that was has the bulbs prongs plugged into it it looked all greasy and some of it looked rusted

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok let me know ! don't forget to rate us here at Justanswer !
Gary, Technician
Experience: GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years