Lurch
Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.
1609972

suzuki grand vitara: I have a 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara and

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara and have been having heater issues. The heater only works when i give the car gas. If i am in park or even in Drive idling it blows cool air. Once i give the car gas it heats up. I have replaced the thermostat just in case but i didnt think it was the thermostat to begin with. I can even turn the A/C on to the second to the last setting and give the car gas and it still pumps out hot as hell air, once i drop the A/C to the coldest setting it pumps out freezing cold air. Im at a loss now as it is 14 degrees outside and have no way to really preheat my car without holding the gas pedal down. Please help
Category: Car
Expert:  Lurch replied 4 years ago.

I have a 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara and have been having heater issues. The heater only works when i give the car gas. If i am in park or even in Drive idling it blows cool air. Once i give the car gas it heats up. I have replaced the thermostat just in case but i didnt think it was the thermostat to begin with. I can even turn the A/C on to the second to the last setting and give the car gas and it still pumps out hot as hell air, once i drop the A/C to the coldest setting it pumps out freezing cold air. Im at a loss now as it is 14 degrees outside and have no way to really preheat my car without holding the gas pedal down

This is typically caused from the "Air Door" Temperature Control Actuator or the Door itself

ACTUATOR TESTING:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

REMOVAL:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

LOCATION:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If you need further, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer...............

--RATING REQUIRED! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited