Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Nissan/Micra Four door saloon: Micra - when I take the ignition

Micra - when I take the ignition key out the boot unlocks - any suggestions please?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot respond as I have not yet received your advice

Is this an electronic key with a button on it to press to unlock/open the boot if pressed?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The button on the key unlocks the doors and the boot - one cannot just open the boot door. Look forward to your comments.

Does your vehicle have a separate button in the vehicle that you can use to open the boot and if pressed will it open the boot properly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is a button in the vehicle which, when pressed, locks or unlocks the boot and the doors, there is not a seperate switch for the boot alone.

At the moment it is working correctly - the problem is intermittent!

Thanks for your interest - perhaps there is not a straight forward answer.

I think one of the reasons why you have not had a professional respond is because this is a very difficult question, and there are few professions who have worked with this type of issue here possibly.

What I suggest at this point is to have a shop/dealer look into this issue to see if the fault can be located and then corrected due to the difficulty of this question here.It sounds like there may be an intermittent short in the vehicle causing this but its difficult to say for sure from here if this is the fault as well as where the fault is located.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but I do hope this has helped in some way, thanks Pete