Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Nissan/Datsun primera: my car wont start, but once i change

my car wont start, but once i change the spark plugs it starts and after like four to five weeks it wont start unless i change the plugs. i have had it checked out but nothing was found wrong by the garage via computer check. can anyone help.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will like to hear from you Pete, I am still waiting for a solution. Thanks

Are the spark plugs damaged or burned out when you replace them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no they they are not damaged or burned out, just dirty, the last AA guy that checked the plugs said I could re-use them if i cleaned them and dried them out.

When you say dirty are they wet with fuel or corroded with hard carbon substance?

Is the vehicle running like it is rich with fuel or burning oil at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they are wet, the engine runs fine, a week before the non start problem comes up, it mis-fires when i start it up, then i let it idle for less than a minute and then it steams fine, usually for the rest of the day i don't get any mis-fire. Then one morning just like that it wont start, then I have to change the plugs and hey presto all is fine. One time it did not start, I left it for a couple of hours and it started.

O.k.,from what you have described here this sounds like the engine is running rich or starting rich and over time the plugs fouled out with fuel causing this issue.

This can be due to faulty,dirty or leaking fuel injectors and in some cases having the injectors cleaned will correct this issue.This may also be due to a faulty leaking fuel pressure regulator or other fuel components as well possibly.

The fuel system needs rechecked and may need to be done by a shop or dealer if they can hold onto the vehicle over night so they can see what is happening with fuel pressure and the injectors to duplicate the fault.Once the fault is located it can then be repaired to correct this here.

Its difficult to say for sure from here which component(s) are causing this fault without seeing and testing the vehicle but from what is described it does sound like one of the components listed above.

I hope this has helped here,thanks Pete.