Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Nemo: I have a Nemo van and the alarm keeps going off - it

I have a Nemo van and the alarm keeps going off - it went off three times last night, no wind, no one near the van at all and nothing passing near it. All the doors were closed correctly etc - any ideas?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes its still an issue - short of disabling the alarm it would be useful to know what could be causing this issue.

It's difficult to say for sure from here exactly what may be causing this issue but in allot of cases on some vehicles I have seen the door switch signals faulty sending a false signal to the vehicles computers that a door is open when it is actually closed,this will cause the alarm to go off as the computers think there is a break in in the vehicle.

On some vehicles they have a separate switch that signals this on the door and others it is part of the latch assembly inside the door.Most common is usually the drivers side as this is the door that is used most.

This would have to be checked by a shop or dealer using their scan tool and test equipment to test and locate if one of these are at fault then replaced to correct the issue here.

I hope this info has helped,thanks Pete.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,