Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Volvo 940: 1993 volvo 940 turbo . My question and problem

Customer Question

1993 volvo 940 turbo .

My question and problem is ?
Wont start !
Blinkers and tail lights flash
When key is entering ignition!
Feels like theres a cut off or
Alarm security not sure any pointers?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I do there was no response since i posted on here

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried locking and unlocking the vehicle with your key or with a remote/key fob and then try and start the vehicle and see if it starts then?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes there's no remote Pete but I did use the single key to close and unlock the drivers door and still the blinkers and tail lights flash as well as the dash

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,your vehicle is in a security state which is causing this issue here.This can be due to a several different components in the security system that is causing this issue here and needs to have the fault codes checked to see if any codes have set in any of the computers as well as some electrical components tested to try and locate this fault.

Unfortunately from here it is difficult to say for sure what is causing this issue,this would be best checked/tested by a shop with experience or a dealer with the correct test equipment.

I hope this info has helped here,if you need anything else let me know,thanks Pete.
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok Pete the positive battery cable i went ahead and took it apart as I was

Doing so a lot of spark was coming out of it as it appears that after taking it apart the positive cable and putting it back togheter that's when the blinking of the front blinkers and tail lights occurred as well as the dash do you think maybe I should bypass those other attachments to the positive cable which may as well be the alarm that's attached and just run the positive cable

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
It's hard to say for sure if bypassing this would help or not.It might be best to have a shop or dealer look into this to see what is at fault here causing this issue then it can be repaired to correct this fault.