Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Hyundai Entourage GLS: My climate control in my van is going

My climate control in my van is going crazy. It starts and stops with pushing buttons, turns on the A/C and changes tempeture settings like crazy. Is there a module that is one piece? How can it be diagnosed?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I do. There hasn't been a response yet.

Are you saying it is starting and stopping on its own as well as changing temp settings,etc.?

Has anything been checked or tested or replaced for this issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is starting and stopping by itself. Nothing has been checked mostly because I don't know what or how to check.

O.k.,from what you have described here this sounds like the climate control head unit in the dash itself is faulty and needing either sent in by a dealer for repair or replaced to correct this issue.I didn't locate any related bulletins from the manufacturer for this fault here but there may be a new release bulletin I do not see that may cover this issue,you would have to check with a dealer to see if there is any bulletins out on this issue here.

The dealer can also test and make sure this is the component at fault here as well as let you know what the cost would be to have it replaced and if it can be repaired at all.But from what is described here with it acting up in these different ways on its own this sounds like an internal electrical fault in this dash unit.

I hope this info has helped here,if you need anything else let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How much is the replacement part? If I bring it to the dealer I am talking about $100 at least to just find out the problem. I am assuming also that the dealer would be the only place for a new part.

The dealer is usually the only place to get this part new,you might check with local after market parts stores to see if they can obtain one for you are well.

If your vehicle does not have the automatic temp controls to where you can set the actual temperature in the vehicle with the controller this can cost around $320 for this part and a half hour labor for install.

If it does have automatic controls then this can cost up to $750 for this control unit and the same half hour labor charge.

I would have this checked/tested to be sure this is the fault before having it replaced.

Thanks Pete.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,