Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Saab 9-3 SE: 2002 Saab 9-3. Mileage, 174,000. Runs great. After

2002 Saab 9-3. Mileage, 174,000. Runs great. After driving 10 minutes and it is then stopped and the engine turned off, the engine will not re-start until it is completely cold again. Have tried replacing starter and other parts. Am now suspecting Neutral Safety Switch. What do you think?
what engine do you have?..2.0 or the 2.3?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will it start if you put it in neutral?
do you hear a click or anything when you try to start/?
tell me all you can
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It will not start in neutral. Often, if I use the gear shifter and run it through the gears, it will start.
sense it will start sometimes by moving the shifter...i would think you may be right ,,it does sound as if you may have a bad neutral switch..
i will upload the procedure for replacing the switch..
please copy and paste the link below to your browser

if that doesnt work,,try it this way

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate,,.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP