Wicked Wrench
Wicked Wrench, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  30 Years Automotive Experience GM/ASE Master Tech

geo prizm: 1How do I bypass loctronics anti theft system 1996

Customer Question

1How do I bypass loctronics anti theft system 1996 Geo prism. Lost key
Category: Car
Expert:  Wicked Wrench replied 3 years ago.

Wicked Wrench :

Remove the system. That would restore the factory wiring & allow you to start the vehicle.

JACUSTOMER-p0q285ky- :

i dont know how to

JACUSTOMER-p0q285ky- :

thats what i need you to explain is how to bypass it im not a mechanic can you please Help

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX expert here at Justanswer. Do you still need help with this question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes please this has not helped at all and burned up a lot of time . I need a step by step on how to remove or bypass the loctronics on my 1996 geo prisIm due to a lost key an so far this has been very vague.
Pls help
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
The loctronics device is very basic and normally just disables the starter circuit. When you turn the key to start, does the starter engage at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
does nothing at all and the lite wher the card goes jus blinks red
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.

Follow the wires from the loctronics unit back to where they are spliced into the factory wires. This may be covered with tape. Remove the tape to expose the wiring. There you will see two Black wires with white stripes. Disconnect these two wires from the loctronics wires, then join the two Black/White wires together. This should allow the car to start.

Use the schematics I posted above to assist you in finding & tracing the splices for your anti theft device. You may have to follow the wiring down to the clutch switch to find the splice. Let me know if you need more help. Sorry, I was out for a Dr's appointment.