Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Audi A6 Quattro: how do i get the radio out of safe mode? i

how do i get the radio out of safe mode? i have a 1999 audi a6 quattro
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i got no answer. i got it unlocked by the owners book , but the code 1024 got me locked out again. i know how to get it unlocked again, but dont have the right code, i have changed the radio with a junk yard radio that works just dont know if codes will work together with car 1999 audi a6 quattro

O.k.,since this radio has been replaced with another radio from another vehicle you may have to contact a dealer with the serial number off of your radio you have in the vehicle now (should be stamped on the radio or a label on the radio) and then they can either get you the code you need here or let you know exactly what needs to be done to get the radio to operate in your vehicle.

The dealer may also have to do some programming as well in some cases to correct this here.

I hope this info has helped in some way here,thanks Pete.