Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

suzuki aerio: 2004 suzuki aerio transmission stuck in safty

2004 suzuki aerio transmission stuck in safty how to fix how much?
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. What did the transmission shop say? Is the check engine light on? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

transmission shop say have to take apart to see big money

engin lite is on it had a loud rattle when stoped while in drive for a few days then on bumpy dirt road it got stuck in safty and no more rattle.

A loud rattle is usually a pretty clear sign of mechanical problems, best case scenario is a solenoid has failed but that would not cause the rattle noise. It is about a 6 hour job to replace the transmission which is probably your best option at this point. You can look on for a used transmission in your area then you should be able to have it fixed for around a total of $1500. I am sorry it is not better news, please do not leave me a negative rating or the bad news. Let me know if you have questions or if here is anything else I can do to help. I can open question back up if you would like another opinion. Thanks.