Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Kia Amante: 2005 Kia Amante -keep hearing a noise ( like an

2005 Kia Amante -keep hearing a noise ( like an electric pump running ) under hood near top firewall on passenger side that continues to run after ignition off. What is it? How to fix???
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
After ignition is switched off, there is a noise
Like an electric motor running sound coming from
passenger side under hood near firewall . I checked
and part says "abs"on it with metal lines coming out of oit
From what you have described here this sound like your ABS (anti lock brake) pump/motor assembly running.

This can happen in some cases if the control relay for this is stuck on or if the electronic brake control module that controls this pump is faulty internally and is keeping this pump running like this here.

This does have to be tested and best done by either a shop with experience with this vehicle or a dealer to see if you have a faulty power control relay being stuck on or if the control unit is faulty causing this issue.

I hope this info has helped here,if you need anything else let me know before you rate my help here.Thanks Pete.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where are the following components found on
a 2005 kia amante :
1) abs power relay
2) abs control
3) abs control module
Your abs control module and hydraulic unit should be located on the passenger side of the vehicle under the hood,your brake lines from your master cylinder should lead to it.

Unfortunately my info doesnt show where the abs relay is located on this model here.