Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

rx8 mazda: I left my. Rx8 at a parking lot. The guys left

Customer Question

I left my. Rx8 at a parking lot. The guys left it in first gear and now the engine light is on. What should I do? I bought the car 5 days ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

leaving the car in 1st shouldn't be an issue so something else must have gone wrong

The quickest route to repair is to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine which will read off the fault code stored in the ECU (providing the light is still on at this point) and indicate which sensor has failed or whether the fault is more serious.

sorry its not a more DIY answer but this really is the most economic way foward

if you come back to me with a fault code and how the car is driving I'll try to help more
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is all i guess. thanks

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mariah

I see that you've rated my answer poorly , bear in mind that you the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert.

So if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer positively

However you can keep asking questions on the same post as the process is supposed to a be a dialogue with information going back and forth to solve the problem

so let me know how the car is driving with the fault light on and I'll offer some solutions