Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Saab 900: I have a 1987 Saab 900 non-turbo that needs the original

I have a 1987 Saab 900 non-turbo that needs the original fuel transmitter (sending unit) replaced. The only replacement part I have found is a VDO with a different electrical interface connection. The VDO terminals are labeled T, G, and W. The orignal unit is labeled differently and connects to the BV BLK (Ground), Brown, and Grey wires in the three position connector. I could eventually find the correct combination for ground, low fuel level warning lamp, and fuel level gauge through trial and error, but if someone has done this procedure and is willing to share the information, I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Hi, click on the schematic below of the fuel level sender and gauge circuit. The wire colors and associated T (ground), G, and W terminals are in the lower right of the schematic. #46 is the level sender.

graphic