Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

infiniti q 45: how to remove the cat convertor? also how to

how to remove the cat convertor? also how to remove the exhaust flex pipe it is not soldered on, it has some type of clamp at both ends
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I havent got an answer yet
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Step by step instructions please
This is a difficult question to locate all the info you need here.I do have some info on this catalytic converter removal but I don't have any pictures of this available to post as well as no other info on the flex pipe removal.I hope what I do have here does help in some way.You can also go to the website below and see if they have this info as well.They do charge a fee for the info but the info is usually good for one year for your vehicle for all available repair types.

www.alldatadiy.com/

1. Remove heated oxygen sensors.
a. Remove engine under cover, engine cover and other engine room covers with power tool (Right, Left, right rear and left rear).
b. Remove harness connector of each heated oxygen sensor, and harness from bracket and middle clamp.
c. Using heated oxygen sensor wrench, remove both left and right heated oxygen sensors.
2. Remove exhaust manifold and three way catalyst.
a. Remove A/C compressor with power tool.
b. Remove exhaust front tube with power tool.
c. Remove nuts on bottom of left engine mounting insulator, and lift up left side of engine approximately 3 cm (1.18 inch) with mission jack.
d. Remove starter motor with power tool.
e. Support and lift up bottom of engine with mission jack. Remove left engine mount insulator along with left engine mount brackets.
f. Remove exhaust manifold cover.
g. Loosen nuts on manifold.
3. Remove exhaust manifold and three way catalyst.
a. Remove drive belt and alternator with power tool.
c. Remove steering lower joint to enable steering shaft to move freely.
d. Support and lift up bottom of engine with transmission jack. Remove right engine mount insulator along with right engine mount brackets.
e. Remove exhaust manifold cover.
f. Loosen nuts and remove.

I hope this info does help in some way here,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are u a mechanic are u just guessing the cat convertor is located under the car I please find somebody who know how to remove the cat convertor u dont know anything
I will opt out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
how to removr cat convertor u don
T remove half thr engine
hi
the converters are bolted to the ehaust manifolds..
i will try to help you with this..i have uploaded the ino, for you..please copy and paste the link below to your browser

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj2n3qpssps02nh/1204-2002-q45-EXHAUST%20MANIFOLD.doc

if that doesnt work for you,,try it this way

www.dropbox.com/s/qj2n3qpssps02nh/1204-2002-q45-EXHAUST%20MANIFOLD.doc

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did u read the answer that pete gave me what about the the flex pipe its not soldered it has 2 clamps at the end how do I remove the flex pipe
on the flex..
you will need to remove the clamps to remove the pipe,,but,,most times these wont come loose,,and they will be sawed off the,whe n you install it .it will need to be welded on,,if you can get the claps off,,you can buy muffler clamps at your local auto parts store to replace them,,again,,they may need to be cut off then welded back
thanks

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank u for answering my question instead of sendong me a link to remove half the motor pete needs to concentrate on the question before he answers it
you are very welcome
thanks for using justanswer