Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.

92 ford f250 4x4 ex cab. auto trans.: Wipers are not working

Customer Question

Wipers are not working on interval and stop in any position. also washer Will not working
squirt. have replaced the switch and Wiper control modal.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i do. what else can i tell you about the truck.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Has the wiring been checked at the wiper module at all?

Do you have a test light or multi meter for testing electrical at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i have checked them. the Wiper work in one speed and high speed. but interval and washer pump Will not work. And when turned off they stop where they are.
also when you push the washer to squirt they do not shut off unless you turn the truck off. i can make the pump squirt by jumping a hot wire
to it. So the is good. Wiper motor seems ok too.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,do you have a test light or multi meter for testing electrical at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i have both.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
What size engine is in this vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
460
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,test to see if you have power on the wire in terminal 4 in the wiper module connector with the washer activated from the switch.This will be a black wire with white stripe.

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ill try it later. im at work now.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good,let me know what you come up with when you are ready,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok home now and have checked it. there is power there. and when i put the test light on it the washer pump squirted. but still had to shut the truck off to shut them off.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.O.k,test the two black wires in terminals 3 and 5 and see if these have a ground signal.

Was the power there still in terminal 4 when you shut off the wiper/washer switch?

Do you have power in terminal 4 with the wiper module unplugged and if not do you have power when the washer switch is activated?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had power there when i pushed the wash. but didn't try it unplugged .
Ill try the suggestions you gave me when i get home tonight from
work and let you know. thanks mike.
and no problem on the delay. i think we have a time difference.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,I should be here off and on today,I will check later on today to see if you have replied.Thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i checked it today. don't seem to have power there when i push
the wash. Unplugged the Wiper control module and no power there either. one ground has a signal but the other was not reading anything

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
According to my info both of these wires should have a ground,I would check the wiring harness going into the module and check and see if any damage is found to the wires since you have replaced both the switch and the module already and the fault is still present.

This sounds like this may be due to wiring at fault causing this issue and the wiring harness needs checked from where it runs from the switch assembly to the wiper module assembly to see if there is a fault and if one is found then it needs repaired from there.

I hope this info has helped in some way here,thanks Pete.
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. already started to do that. bought a wiring book for that model of truck.thanks fir your help. it git me in the right direction.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.Thanks Pete.