Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

96 cabriolet convertible top often does not complete cycle

96 cabriolet convertible top often does not complete cycle to open and --hydraulic has no leaks.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I did not yet get a response. To clarify, the problem with my 96 Audi Cabriolet convertible top is that it does not complete an up or down cycle. It gets stuck half-way through. A mechanic has changed one relay switch which did not help or make a difference. He has also checked hydraulic fluid and found no leak.

Can you tell me where to obtain a trouble-shooting schematic?

Unfortunately I don't have a diagram or schematic available to post here for this.This sounds like this may be a micro switch of some kind that isn't triggering to let the control unit know what position the roof is in so it can complete its cycle.Its difficult to say for sure from here which or if for sure this is a component at fault without seeing the vehicle.The best way to find out of course is with a dealers scan tool to plug into the vehicle and read the roof switch signals.Below is a website that might have a diagram you are looking for here,they do charge a fee but the subscription is usually good for one year for your vehicle for all repair and diagnosis types available as well as some diagrams.

It might be best to have a dealer look into this issue to see if the fault can then be located and corrected due to the difficulty of trying to pinpoint this fault from here.Thanks Pete.