Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Audi A6 Avant: HI, My keyfob slightly opened today,and i snaped

HI, My keyfob slightly opened today,and i snaped it close. When I went to open my car, none of the open close buttons worked.I then with a key opened the boot lid and the indicator lights started flashing, as in alarm mode. By pressing the lock button on my key fob it did nothing. I then started the engine, then off,took key out of ignition, and doors worked fine with open /clse, except boot,which does not close...please help
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pete, could not wait any longer as my boot was left open all night, however this morning took it to a local garage who after messing around realised that the bar coming out of the door solonouid was not reaching to it's full potential, and thats why the lock was not engaging. Took the solonoid bar off the lock,and now I can open and close the boot using the car door open/close. Ok but boot does not lock when driving.Can you please give any advice on solonoid.

Thanks

Vas

3

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I think one of the reasons why you have not had a professional respond is because this is a very difficult question, and there are few professions who have worked with this type of issue here possibly.

What I suggest at this point is to have a shop/dealer look into this issue to see if the fault can be located and then corrected due to the difficulty of this question here.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but I do hope this has helped in some way, thanks Pete
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.