greasemonkey2386
greasemonkey2386, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications A1,A4,A5,and A7 10+ years professional hands-on experience

Ferrari F430: I replaced couple of leaking hydraulic lines

Customer Question

I replaced couple of leaking hydraulic lines on my 05 F430 transmission. Now it's stuck in 3rd gear and wont start. any clue?
Category: Car
Expert:  Wicked Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Wicked Wrench :

Hey! Need a little more info on this. Is it an E gear trans or Manual? And which lines did you replace? Are they clutch master/slave lines, trans cooler lines??? I'll help you out, just gotta get pointed in the right direction.

Customer :

F1 transmission is an automatic transmission with Paddle shifters if auto mode is not chosen.

Customer :

i replaced all the 5 Hydraulic lines. there is no clutch master/slave lines that i know. not transmission cooler lines either.

Customer :

so it is an E gear trans.

Expert:  greasemonkey2386 replied 1 year ago.
what does the trans do if you pull both paddles back and put your foot on the brake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have pulled them back one at a time but not both together. i can try that shortly and get back to you.

ok let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no change. it's stuck in the 3rd.

did you label the lines when you took them apart? are we sure they are in the same places as before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. i did label all 5 lines along with the electrical connectors to the magnetic actuators.

have you tried disconnecting the battery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i did and left it off for about an hour. no change.

when you open the door, do you hear the pump run? i wonder if you dont have air in the lines
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the pump runs with the opening of the door. I bled all three lines except I don't know if there is a special sequence to bleeding the lines.

there is a purge valve located about 8 inches in front of the reservoir that needs to be opened as well

So i'm not really sure what happened here, but after researching your issues, it sounds like you may have a few things going on. I found this article, & it may be worth a look. It is quite lengthly, but all answers point to the adjustment of the clutch & actuators, as well as complete replacement of the F1 assembly. Please give it a look, & get back to me with your thoughts.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281360

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry your suggestions lack specifics and not useful in diagnosing and fixing the issue with my car.

Do you have a diagnostic interface to read live data from the ECU's? Also, Are there any service lights or warning lights on?
Hello?
did you find the purge valve that we discussed the other day? there are a few others things i could have you check, i will check back in with you this evening to discuss it more