Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

having trouble with oil gauge not working. did replace oil

having trouble with oil gauge not working. did replace oil sending unit still nothing. I did hve a surge problem with my inverter then the problem started. can you tell me what to look for or do to correct the guage to work again. The other gauges are working except the water temp gauge is showing high on the gauge when the engine starts up and warms up.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes still no answers

I think one of the reasons why you have not had a professional respond is because this is a very difficult question, and there are few professions who have worked with this type of issue here possibly.

This may be a fault with the gage itself internally especially if there was any kind of power surge at one point or short as this may have damaged the gage.Its difficult to say for sure from here exactly what has happened and the vehicle should be further checked into and tested to locate this fault to be sure.

What I suggest at this point is to have a shop/dealer look into this issue to see if the fault can be located and then corrected due to the difficulty of this question here.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but I do hope this has helped in some way, thanks Pete.