CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN

Saturn Astra XR: I own 2009 Saturn astra and have not had any

I own 2009 Saturn astra and have not had any problems until last week.It would not start. Have the car towed to GM dealer and they tell me it is the battery.Still does not start,so now they tell me it is a cable which has to be ordered from Michighan to the tune of $525!!
Am I being scammed??
I've never heard of a battery cable costing so much. If I were you I would tell them that you want to see the cable that needs to be replaced and you want to know why it would cost that.

When you look at it snap a few pics and post them here so I can see it.

Also, ask them to give you the part number and the name of the part. I know of a place that probably has a used one that would work just fine.

Let me know this info and I can help you more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The part number is XXXXX positive battery cable with 175 fuse amp

Thanks for the part number. You can get this part much cheaper by buying it from any of the websites below. Just tell the dealership that you will supply your own parts. If they have a problem with that then take your car to an independent repair shop. They usually won't have a problem with that. Here are the best prices for it: n-Astra-2008-2009-/170842731020