Auto Psychic
Auto Psychic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  semi retired mercedes benz master guild technician

gs300: my car works fine when the engine is cold after of driving

my car works fine when the engine is cold after of driving the stall when u moving when u excelerate it studder and cut off like no power in the engine two code came up one for the ingintor and the cam sensour i change both of them and the same problem is there and the same codes is still showing up when it is already cleared
Category: Car
Expert:  Auto Psychic replied 1 year ago.

Auto Psychic :

hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i'll be happy to help you with this.

Auto Psychic :

you almost certainly have a bad crankshaft position sensor (common)

Auto Psychic :

when this sensor fails it often fails without setting a fault code.

Auto Psychic :

what happens is the engine stall because of the crank sensor fails and the codes you are getting is as a result of the engine stalling, rather than visa versa.

Auto Psychic :

does that make sense?

Auto Psychic :

gary

Customer:

when u excelerate the engine it studder and dies down i do this a few times and then engine work again for about half hour and then die again

Customer:

if the throttlebody is bad can that cause it

Auto Psychic :

yes, the throttle body can cause what your describing.

Auto Psychic :

so if you accelerate very slowly can you keep it from dying?

Customer:

no it die after .what about the advance and retard gear on the cam thr front of the engine

Customer:

but when the engine is cool its run good until it get hot it loose accelerateti0n

Auto Psychic :

your cam advance mechanism would not cause your engine to die.

Auto Psychic :

since you've replaced the two components indicated by the fault codes, my recommendation is to stop throwing parts at it.

Auto Psychic :

i suggest you bite the bullet and pay someone 1 1/2 hours labor to scan all of your control modules when the engine dies.

Auto Psychic :

should be a pretty straightforward diagnosis.

Auto Psychic :

good luck,

Auto Psychic :

gary

Auto Psychic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: semi retired mercedes benz master guild technician