Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

daewoo leganza: How do you line up.the torque converter on

Customer Question

How do you line up.the torque converter on a 2001 daewoo leganza
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using justanswer.

Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

Is the transmission currently out of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No im changing the engine and the flywheel and tourqe came out. Im trying to lock the torque into the trans. Im having trouble getting it to lock in the trans.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.

The torque converter does not lock into the transmission. It will spin. The trick is to spin the torque converter while spinning it and push lightly into the transmission. It should engage the splines in the stator and the pump as you spin it and should go into the transmission a bit further at each step. Measure the distance from the transmission bellhousing face to the torque converter. Then measure the distance from the back face of the engine block to the surface of the flywheel. the distance from the bellhousing to torque converter should be greater by about 1/4" If not then it needs to be installed further.