Brad
Brad, Dealer Technician
Experience:  ASE Master/Advanced Specialist, Chrysler Triple Master
10114124

Suzuki XL-7: The key were locked in the car overnight however

The key were locked in the car overnight however that was not a problem for we have an extra set but ow for the first time the car will not start, is ther a security devise that needs to be reset?
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.
Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating MY SERVICE and not this website itself.
I'm a 15 Yr ASE Master technician and I will need to ask a few questions before I can suggest a repair.If your vehicle was operating fine before you lost the key, then it sounds like a security issue.. I see you used a 2nd key, but has that key ever been programmed? Is there a security light on in dash? Here is what you need to do:

Unlocking Doors with Key or Remote should DisArm the Factory Alarm

If you think this is the PassLock Key causing the problem,

If you have "two" Keys, try the other Key
Otherwise you can attempt to "Relearn" the Key

This procedure will only relearn the vehicle keys.

This procedure will not learn the immobilizer prerelease password XXXXX the challenge/response data.

Do not use this procedure as a substitute for a 10-minute relearn when replacing or reprogramming a TDM or ECM. Doing so will result in a failure to learn the prerelease password XXXXX the challenge/response data.

This procedure will erase all previously learned vehicle keys from the TDM.

Once the 30-minute learn procedure has been completed, any remaining vehicle keys may be programmed using the Adding Keys procedure to ensure their continued functionality.

1) Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2) Observe the security indicator, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off.
3) Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
4) Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes .
NOTE: The TDM learns the key transponder information upon the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the vehicle.

The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information.

If none of the above are successful, then use of Dealer Scan tool is needed to Test System

If you need anymore assistance, feel free to ask
Have a greatday!!!
Brad