sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My 2007 E 63 sometimes does not start with the keyless go.

My 2007 E 63 sometimes does not start with the keyless go. The lights on the dash come on, but that is it. Then, when I use the key, the car starts right away, but the shifter is stuck in park. So I can not drive the car! Any suggestions? I have been trying now for a full day,

but the shifter can not be moved at all, even after starting and trying now for at least ten times

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see your question has been up for an extended time without a response. Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you are the first to respond!

Is the shifter locked up right now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Let's start with a battery disconnect. Make sure the key is off and disconnect the battery for a minute or so. While it's disconnected, turn the key on and hold the brake and see if you are able to move the shifter then.

If ok, make sure the key is off, reconnect the battery and then see if you are able to move the shifter again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does not work. I can not turn the key

Do you have a second key to try, or have you tried a second key already?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, but doesn't work

It sounds like your problem is the module in the dash where the key goes. It handles a handful of functions including all of the ones you're having trouble with. It serves as the ignition switch, but it also reads the transponder in the key to allow you to start the engine. Upon starting the engine it's also what sends a signal to the shifter to allow you to remove it from park.

If the problem is happening with both keys, you are having keyless go issues and are unable to remove the shifter from park then it's likely this module will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, but it seems to be that the car doesn't recognize that my foot is on the brake. If I put my 2 feet on the brake and press really hard, everything works! Is there an adjustment anywhere, or is this electronically controlled?

That's all electronic. There is an electrical switch that opens and closes when you press and release the brake pedal.