Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  Transmission Tech - Management Master Winner 3rd place Entire US Southeast region #1 after masters

Volvo 940: How do I remove the gear indicator light bulb?

How do I remove the light bulb in the shifter console lighting up gear position letters? It's in a plastic case holder [removed from console].  It's ~3-4-mm dia; do you have part number?

Hello, You will need to purchase that entire part, just call your dealer...... Easy enough......Thanks Joey
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Joey, is there a connector or do I cut wires and splice? thanks, Ron

Ron, its way more easy to splice them,than pull the console could just go to the salvage yard & pick up a used 1 real cheap about 5- $10.00
As long as you know the bulb is clearly blown out.......with power going to it with a test light.....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all done, was able to remove bulb only and replace as part of fixing shift interlock microswitch. thanks again!