Amedee
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

ISUZU Rodeo: I have a 1999 Isuzu rodeo LS, recently changed

I have a 1999 Isuzu rodeo LS, recently changed the wiper blades. The rear is giving me a problem, I think maybe the fuse is blown. I found the fuse block on the left side of the dash but they are all so small and not marked I can't tell which one is for the wipers. The windshield wipers work but the rear wiper shaft will not turn, HELP
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X have been working on cars for over 10 years.

Are you saying that the rear wiper arm is not moving when it selected or turned on?

Can you hear the wiper motor moving when it is turned on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, the shaft does not turn and I can not hear the motor. Fuse?????

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The shaft does not turn and I hear no motor

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!

Have you checked power going to the rear wiper motor with it turned to the "on" position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I can not find the fuse.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!

There is only one fuse for the rear wiper motor. It is a 10 amp fuse inside the dash fuse box. It is labeled as "rear wiper and washer".

If this fuse is good, then I would recommend to check power at the wiper motor itself. It is possible that you just have a bad wiper motor.

If the fuse is good but the wiper motor is not getting power, then I would suspect a bad alarm and relay control unit as this is what sends a signal to the rear wiper motor.

I am glad I could help! It has been a pleasure working with you and this has been a lot of fun assisting you with all of your questions.

Please don't forget to rate my answer as "excellent service" so I get credit for assisting you with your questions.

I do hope you are as honest with me as I have been with you about your vehicle. In addition, I hope my answer has shed some light on the subject and hope that I have pointed you in the right direction. If so, please don't forget rate my answer positive and indicate that you are happy so that I may get credit for the time that I have spent with you. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and get credit for assisting you.

In addition, please allow time between answers as I may be off line spending time with my family or assisting other customers. You can always request me by using the link through my profile page. Just Click on "AMEDEE" next to my picture and I will be sure to respond back in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

AMEDEE
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector