Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

B class: we have a 2012 mecedes B class, it does not connect

we have a 2012 mecedes B class, it does not connect to I phone with its built in bluetooth has a fix been found for this issue

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No Thanks the question self explanatory, will go to the Garage tomorrow

Thank you for your time

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We still need help if anyone is out there, so will leave this live for now

Thank you

Usually what happens is the software from the new phones wont be compatible with the blue tooth software in the vehicle itself as I have seen a few times before on a new model phone.

In some cases a dealer can upgrade the software in the vehicle using their sds machine and sometimes a disc to be compatible with the newer phones,you would have to check with your local dealer to see if this is available yet for your vehicle and if it is then this would need to be done.

In some cases software may come later on for the vehicle as well as any automatic software for the phone from the manufacturer.

From what you have described this sounds like what may be at fault here needing performed.I would check with a local dealer to see if they have any upgraded software for your vehicle here.

I hope this has helped in some way,thanks Pete.
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.