Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

A3: Car Audi A3 2ltr TDI Sport 08 RegLast serviced in March.My

Car Audi A3 2ltr TDI Sport
08 Reg
Last serviced in March.

My Car starts okay but if I make a relatively short journey to somewhere like the supermarket or the Garage and switch off the Engine for a short period. On my return the Vehicle does not start it just turns over, this lasts for about ten minutes before the Car eventually starts.

Please can you advise.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will wait for an answer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still require assistance.

I think one of the reasons why you have not had a professional respond is because this is a very difficult question, and there are few professions who have worked with this type of issue here.

One common component that can fail on allot of different model vehicles and cause this can be the crankshaft position sensor itself.It can keep the vehicle from restarting after it has run a short time and heated up the engine,then as the vehicle sits and cools a period of time the sensor would start to operate again and the vehicle may start but will usually repeat the failure process at some point.This may or may not be what is at fault here as this may be another electronic device on the vehicle at fault causing this issue.

What I suggest at this point is to have a shop/dealer look into this issue to see if the fault can be located and then corrected due to the difficulty of this question here.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but I do hope this has helped in some way, thanks Pete.
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.