Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

xtrail: My car nissan x-trail 2007. On the electric light it

My car nissan x-trail 2007. On the electric light it was on Neutral when I put drive it did not take petrol and the petrol pedal became loose I put N again it took petrol but on drive did not. I put the gear on 1 it started to move slowly but without taking petrol till I park it. Then I put on Neutral and raised the RPM to 4 and changed the gear to drive while still pushing the petrol pedal on the same level it started working. Now I m afraid to drive my car and have the same incident. If you can advise me what could be the problem.
Many thanks
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Mr. Pete,

So far no one answered my question. Would appreciate if you can help

I think one of the reasons why you have not had a professional respond is because this is a very difficult question, and there are few professions who have worked with this type of issue here.

This may possibly be due to an internal control unit at fault or even possibly wiring at fault or another electrical device/component.This is difficult to answer fully from here without seeing and checking/testing the vehicle.

What I suggest at this point is to have a shop/dealer look into this issue to see if the fault can be located and then corrected due to the difficulty of this question here.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but I do hope this has helped in some way, thanks Pete.