Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Isuzu Axiom: Hello. I have a 2004 Isuzu Axiom. I pulled into

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2004 Isuzu Axiom. I pulled into a parking space & went to shut off w/out placing totally in PARK position. Once I tried to remove my key from the ignition, I could not turn key back to LOCK position to remove key. I drove home since car will start & tried to slowly turn steering wheel slightly, but key will still not turn back to LOCK position to remove. HELP..my Isuzu only has 62,000 miles & in great condition. Dont know what to do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is Tim, it sounds like the shifter is not going all the way into park, can you hold the shifter firmly up into park and see if the key willl rotate back to the off position?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried to hold shifter into park firmly & key wont release. I also turned car on & drove up & down driveway, put back in park & it wont release

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
then you most likely have a broken cable for the shift lock, this might have happened when you tried to turn it off without it being all the way in park,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took my car in to dealer & it was a few little screws that fell out causing the trouble. They put in new screws w/ locktight.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
was it the screws for the shift interlock?