Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Scion XD: 2008 scion xd, 5spd manual, 102648miles, replaced

Customer Question

2008 scion xd, 5spd manual, 102648miles, replaced LF & RF wheelbearings, rotors, brake pads and wheel speed sensors; cleaned transmission rotation sensor; reconnected battery; lowered and leveled car; confirmed all fuses and relays have power; ran full dx; cleared all codes; reset memory; ran yaw calibration; Speedometer & Odometer do NOT work; (tach does) and all the idiot lights came back on (ABS, VSC, Traction & Brake).

Scanner still indicates "No codes found".
Please help me avoid scionocide, I'm very close to pushing over a hill.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Tim, what kind of scan tool are you using?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
and you are checking for codes under the ABS system, not the engine, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. and to be thorough i went through each dtcs. i believe i stated that.also performed the 4/12 8second process as indicated by the scanner.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
everytime the vsc, abs lights are on, they store a code, if there is no code stored, then there has to be a problem with the control modules, does the modis communicate with the abs module, can you see live data on the modis when when its running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the MODIS communicates with the ABS (be kind of difficult to clear codes, reset memory and perform the tests functions I already stated I did IF the scanner didn't communicate with the ABS.

This site is a joke. You respond with questions that have already been clarified, implied or common sense would answer.

Horrible experience. The car can rot, and Scion and JustAsk will both be mentioned in my letter to the Better Business Bureau.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
wow, I am just trying to help you, i am not a mind reader, I have to verify all the steps you have taken, I just cant assume anything since i am not at the vehicle, Tim