Wicked Wrench
Wicked Wrench, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  30 Years Automotive Experience GM/ASE Master Tech
20496363

ferrari 348tb: Do you have a procedure to replace passenger

Do you have a procedure to replace passenger side motor mount on a 1991 ferrari 348 tb

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long delay. The problem your having is not my exact field of expertise. I can try to help if that is okay. If not then I can close the post or relist it for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please relist as long will not be charged another $5.00

Thanks

relisting your post now
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thanks

Your welcome

graphic

Wicked Wrench, ASE Master Certified
Experience: 30 Years Automotive Experience GM/ASE Master Tech
If you expand the picture above you'll see a beautiful view of the engine mount with the powertrain out of the vehicle. You'll notice the large nut that holds the block extension to the mount, then you'll see smaller bolts that hold the flange of the mount to the subframe. Both those have to be removed, & at that point you can try to gently lift the engine up far enough to remove the old mount & install the new, reversing the steps & applying the proper torque to the fasteners.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How much can I lift the motor without causing damage?

You'll have to be the judge of that. I would also suggest that you loosen the other mounts to allow the powertrain to move more freely. Do not jack the powertrain on any oil pan, etc.. You may also be able to use a straddle type fixture to place above the engine attatched to a chain & lift the engine up either with a come along device or a threaded rod welded to a length of chain. I'll see if I can find an example...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK THANKS

Let me know how you make out! Good luck & have fun!
Oh, and remember, DO NOT JACK FROM THE OIL PAN!!!!!! Find a solid spot on the engine to apply pressure to!