Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Suzuki: 1996 Suzuki, Sidekick sport, 1.8L. Engine stalls hot

1996 Suzuki, Sidekick sport, 1.8L. Engine stalls hot or cold, but always start right back up.
we changed all the filters, wires and spark plugs. Fuel pressure is good, changed fuel filter.
Please help with diagnostic.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Does it run good other then stalling? Is the check engine light on? Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the engine run very good it is a just rebuilet. we never herd this car run until

we change the engine. there is no check light on.When the engine stalls it's

just like turning off with the key.

Does it stall at any speed or only low speeds such as coasting or comming to a stop? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

car stall in any condition.

When it shuts off do the dash lights and radio shut off too? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

NO! ALL DASH LIGHT STAY ON.

Start by cleaning out the throttle bdoy to see if that helps, you can use some throttle body cleaner from parts store with a rag to wipe it out good as possible. If that doesn't help the next step is to replace the main relay. The main relay is common to fail which will drop power to the computer, injectors, and ignition. Here is a picture to help you locate the relay. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

http://db.tt/Ks1rOgK4