Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

daewoo matiz: the transponder in my immobiliser is not working

the transponder in my immobiliser is not working so my car will not start. what needs to be done to fix it. daewoo matiz
Does it crank and not start?Was there anything done to the vehicle prior to this happening?Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it cranks but doesn't start. battery is fully charged

Try this could be a damamged key.If you have another key try that if not use the key you have turn to where the radio works and a/c .Disconnect the positive battery cable for 2 minutes and reconnect and see if it resets let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will let you know later today as my car is not available right now. Your time says 2:52pm est, but here it is 7:02am edst

OK will be here for you .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that didn't work so we have had to load it on a truck and take it to a town with a dealer. thanks for your help.

Anytime they will need to reprogram the immobilizer system to fix this issue. Best of luck. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!