Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

hi, i own a 2005 Suzuki verona. the car has a loud humming

Customer Question

hi, i own a 2005 Suzuki verona. the car has a loud humming noise that starts when i get above 25 mph. it gets louder when i turn steering wheel to the left. thought tires where going bad so i just put new tires on and it still makes noise. checked front wheel bearings by wiggling tire from top to bottom but there is no play in it. i understand that the transmission is a sealed unit and cannot check the fluid level. any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome, Super mechanic here. Thank you for trusting us with your concern. I will do my best to help you with your question.

.

.

****You have the hit happy face or a high rating for me to get paid for the answer.*****

.

.

If you need any more on it just let me know. Thanks

..

About your vehicle.

.

.

That can very well be a bad wheel bearing. They go bad a lot of times without having any runout, (play) or wiggle in sthem. One way to see is to jack up the vehicle and listen to the back of the hubs with a stethoscope, (or a long pipe) while the wheels are turning, (with engine running).

.

.

Another is to see if the sound changes when you turn into and away from it. A bad bearing on the right side, (front) will be louder when turned to the left, (while moving) and subside when turned to the right. Visa versa for the left side.

.

.

If so then the hub assembly, (with bearings in it) would have to be replaced.

.

.Parts Information

Part OEM Part Price
Wheel Hub
Front Suspension
Front Hub
1 - Without ABS 4342186Z01 $191.60
1 - With ABS 4342186Z21 $201.30

.

I can give you the instructions in a PDF file if you like.

.

Thanks