greasemonkey2386
greasemonkey2386, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications A1,A4,A5,and A7 10+ years professional hands-on experience
71578964

my 2000 daewoo leganza won,t turn over the battery is ok there

my 2000 daewoo leganza won,t turn over the battery is ok there is a purple light
flashing under dash and emergency lights flash when key is first turned on.Ijust changed the heater core but car ran after that OBD11 shows no trouble codes whats wrong

greasemonkey2386 :

hello, does the car have an aftermarket alarm system on it?

Customer:

no and most of the electrical works except signal lights and starter, dash lights head lights wipers door buzzer almost every thing works

greasemonkey2386 :

there is no factory installed light that is purple, are you sure there is no key fob to unlock the car? can you see where the purple light is coming from?

Customer:

yes a small light hanging from the wire loom up under the dash toward the fire wall

Customer:

the emegency flashers blink when you first turn the key on but go out and will not operate from the push button radio works great

greasemonkey2386 :

which push button? is there a key fob?

Customer:

push button above radio, there is no key fob that I`m aware of

greasemonkey2386 :

push button above radio? what is the button supposed to do?

Customer:

there`s an antenna on the windshield and the wire from it goes to a black box under the dash that say`s viper on it

Customer:

the button should ativate the emergency flashers

greasemonkey2386 :

viper is an aftermarket alarm company, the car has an aftermarket alarm system installed on it and that system has tripped therefore not allowing the car to start, if you do not have the key fob for it the best course of action is to remove the system

Customer:

how do I do that?

greasemonkey2386 :

first you need to go under the dash and get the unit out, cut the zip ties that are holding all the wires together, be sure to not cut any of the wires just yet, just get everything untangled

Customer:

can we continue this tomorrow or monday?

greasemonkey2386 :

sure, just reply to this chat when you get that untangled and we will go from there!

Customer:

thank you

greasemonkey2386 :

not a problem, talk to you tomorrow!

Customer:

I got the car going hidden in the tape was a small black button that I held down while I tried to start the car and it started button must be a reset. I wonder if you can buy key fobs that would be easier than cutting in to all that wiring? thanks again

greasemonkey2386 :

you may be able to call viper and give them the info off the box and they would be able to tell you if you can get key fobs...at least now you know there is a button there! im glad you got the car started!

Customer:

THANKS