George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

ISUZU: HOW TO REPLACE A STARTER ON A 1999 4 CYL ISUZU AMIG

HOW TO REPLACE A STARTER ON A 1999 4 CYL ISUZU AMIGO
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The service procedure to replace the starter is below. Raise and support the vehicle, remove the negative battery cable and follow the positive cable to the starter motor then follow the procedure to remove it.

Click here for procedure

Look this over and let me know what further questions you have

Thank you

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

George,

Do you have a list of the tools and sizes I will need to complete this job?

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

YOu will need a set of metric sockets including an 8,10, 12, 13 , 14 and 15 mm with a 3 and 6 inch extension in 3/8" drive, a jack and jack stands and what ever ends you have on your battery. If the cable ends have been replaced you may need a 1/2" open end wrench, battery terminal cleaner and channel lock pliers.

There is a TSB about the crimped end of the positive cable coming loose at the starter so you may have to use a pair of vise grips to cinch that a little tighter as well, if it is not loose don't bother with it.

Please let me know how I can help you

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

George,

We're almost there any deep well or swivels required?

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

No, you should have a straight shot at the bolts, no deep wells but swivels are always a plus if you have them available. Power (air) tools make getting into the tight spaces easier but on the 4 cylinder it is not bad. The 3.2 (V6) is really tight though.

The 4 cylinder starter replacement calls for .6 hours "book" time so not bad

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

George,

Thank You for your time.

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Glad to help and please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you