tripletauto
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience

Suzuki XL-7: 2007 Suzuki XL-7, theft deterrent light is on,

2007 Suzuki XL-7, theft deterrent light is on, the instrument panel, looking at the remote control, it is an aftermarket, and the remote control cannot be program, please i want to know if there is a way to get it out
Category: Car
Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

If this is Factory Alarm:

The Factory Security DisArms from the Factory Remote "unlock" & / or Ignition Key On

If you do NOT have the Factory Remote:
Try:
Disconnect the Positve Battery Cable
Open Driver Door & LEAVE Open
Using Factory Ignition Key...Turn Ignition Switch ON & LEAVE ON
Reconnect Positive Battery Cable
Horn may sound for a few seconds
Start vehicle
To prevent the Factory Alarm from arming, lock Doors "Manually", not with Switch on Door

let me know if you need further...........

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service!

When you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this Website itself or any problems with the Website.

? RATING REQUIRED! ? Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the car did not come with factory alarm, i will share image of the antenna around the ignition lock cylinder and also image of the remote.

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

please post pictures

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

remote

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

as a result of this, the car wont crank at all, no power arriving at the starter...

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

The Dash Display shows it has "Factory Security"
I posted a procedure for you to try....

Have you done so?

Please post all info on the back of the Remote also

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is the ignition antenna

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

npo other pictures needed at this time

I posted a procedure for you to try....

Have you done so?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, i will post you image of the remote back.. i am going to the car now, get info back to you soon. thanks in advance

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

please try procedure also

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.
hello..........
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello, sorry for the waited time, i have tried your proceedure you asked me to follow, exactly today and that is

If you do NOT have the Factory Remote:
Try:
Disconnect the Positve Battery Cable
Open Driver Door & LEAVE Open
Reconnect Positive Battery Cable
Horn may sound for a few seconds
Start vehicle

========================

BUT the horn did not blow, i have open the door just as you instructed while the key is turn into ignition mode, now positive wire was place on the batter, the check engine light symbol came up first, as soon as the positive wire was place on, tried to start but no way, and there was no horn sound as well....

below is the link to the remote back you asked for... and also a video showing the detail of the starting process as ignition is place on the terminal and started cranking but on crank, no horn...

http://www.mediafire.com/?btsq88sey5fis7z,84s1b5r524vqsu2

VIDEO

-----------

http://www.mediafire.com/?xabah9b1y93h81b

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

That is "Factory Security System"
You need to "Learn the Key", as the Transponder is NOT being recieved

Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed for this procedure

Programming Immobilizer System Components

10-Minute Immobilizer Relearn
This 10-minute relearn procedure will relearn the prerelease password XXXXX the challenge/response data between the theft deterrent module (TDM) and the engine control module (ECM).

1. Connect a scan tool to the vehicle.
  2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  3. Ensure that all power consuming devices are turned OFF on the vehicle.
  4. With a scan tool, select Request Info. under Service Programming System and follow the scan tool on-screen instructions.
  5. Disconnect the scan tool from the vehicle and connect the scan tool to a Techline Terminal with the current Service Programming System (SPS) software.
  6. On the Techline Terminal, select Service Programming System and follow the Techline Terminal on-screen instructions. Ensure the correct programming selection is chose based on component being replaced or programmed. For this procedure, go to the V.T.D. Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn menu and choose the Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn, ECM, or PK3 Replaced selection.
  7. Disconnect the scan tool from the Techline Terminal and reconnect the scan tool to the vehicle.
  8. With a master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
  9. With a scan tool, select Program ECU under Service Programming System.
  10. At this point the scan tool must remain connected for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.

NOTE:

• The scan tool will initially display 12 Minutes . The first 2 minutes allow the scan tool to initialize the appropriate control module. The remaining 10 minutes is the relearn timer.
  • On some vehicles the security indicator may be illuminated for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.
  1. Observe the scan tool, after approximately 10 minutes the scan tool will display "Programming Successful, Turn OFF Ignition". The vehicle is now ready to relearn the key information and/or the passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
  2. Turn OFF the ignition and wait 2 minutes .
  3. With a master vehicle key, turn the ignition to the RUN position for 15 seconds , then start the vehicle. The TDM and ECM have now relearned the pre-release password XXXXX the challenge/response data.
  4. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs.

NO Scan Tool is needed for this procedure

30-Minute Vehicle Key Relearn

NOTE: This procedure will only relearn the vehicle keys. This procedure will not learn the immobilizer prerelease password XXXXX the challenge/response data. Do not use this procedure as a substitute for a 10-minute relearn when replacing or reprogramming a TDM or ECM. Doing so will result in a failure to learn the prerelease password XXXXX the challenge/response data.

This 30-minute learn procedure should be used when all vehicle keys are desired to be replaced or reprogrammed. This procedure will erase all previously learned vehicle keys from the TDM. Once the 30-minute learn procedure has been completed, any remaining vehicle keys may be programmed using the Adding Keys procedure to ensure their continued functionality.

1. With an unlearned master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Observe the security indicator, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off.
  3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes .

NOTE: The TDM learns the key transponder information upon the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

1. With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle.
  2. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the first day, the security theft deterant came up, i practise the manual process of relearning the key, the first 10 minutes came, instead of the padlock should go off and key off within 5 seconds and back on for another 10 minutes,

the padlock remains on the panel, it did not turn off. i tried to give it extra minutes but still the padlock did not went off....

note, i have use this manual method to program other cards before, therefore i know the procedure well

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

you CANNOT do the 10 minute Relearn without Dealer Scan Tool

You HAVE TO follow the 30 minute Relearn "EXACTLY" as shown, or it will NOT work

Otherwise, use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to scan for errors & reprogram the BCM, as it is the BCM that holds the Factory Security & Key Programming

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but one thing that buffle me a lot is that, the immo padlock, that is right at the corner, where the check engine light is, does not comes up when key turns.. so, i wonder if the key has a problem

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

That is because the Key Transponder has NOT been programmed to the BCM, or the BCM does NOT recognize the Key
If you only have "1" working Key that starts & runs vehicle, then you can do the 30 minute Relearn for another Key

If you have NO working key, then use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to "Program" the Key / Transponder

If the Key you have now worked prior to disconnecting Battery, then it is NOT a Factory Key (2 comes from the Factory) & has been added later. Since the Battery was disconnected the BCM no longer identifies that Key / Transponder, because it is NOT the Factory Key that came with the vehicle or BCM

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have one key and it was the same key that got the car started, and later all this arm thing started... so how can you tell me the key chip is dead

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

as stated above.......This is likely NOT the Factory "original" Key & was programmed later. When the Battery was disconnected or went low, the Key became "unprogrammed" or deleted by the BCM, as it was NOT a Master Key.
Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Program this key as "Master Key", because you "cannot" Program this Key without a Master Key or Scan Tool

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the key has no remote on it, the remote is a separate thing, so how come do you tell me, when the battery got disconnected from the key, blah blah blah....

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

I believe you are "confused" on how the "Factory Alarm" works

The "Remote" is just for Arming & Disarming, Lock & Unlock, Horn & Lights

The "KEY" has the "Transponder" & is for "Disabling the Starting"
The "KEY" is the problem for NO START

I will OPT OUT & RELIST if you want, as this has went as far as I can go with it, since you do NOT have use of Dealer Scan Tool, which I have posted a number of times

good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i need a pin code in order to reprogram keys, the VIN number is:

VIn= 2S3DB417476116383

SuZuKi PinCode needed
Please i need the pin for Suzuki XL, the vin is VIn= 2S3DB417476116383

the scanner display three codes but all did not entered... and this are the three generals kinds being tried...

0408,0804,4229

the car is 2007

thanks in advance

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

sorry........your original question was:

I have answered correctly..........

Now you are asking for a PIN Code to Program Keys, which will not happen "unless" you have Dealer Scan Tool

I answer questions in hopes of a Accept / Rating

will opt out & relist

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well, the problem has not being solve, therefore accepting is not the next option, the problem still exist, u have asked me to do this and i needed info to carry on forward...

Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

i answered all your questions & also posted that you need use of Dealer Scan Tool, which you have not done
My answers were correct & you are the one that is keeping the problem going, by not doing what was posted

I also asked you NOT to respond, as it Locks the Question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Please I need a compitent person who can provide me with what i need, thank you
Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for letting us help you with your automotive question. Did you still need help with the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes FixItMan, i do need help, i want to program the vehicle but my scan tool is asking me for pincode or password, please i will really be grateful if you can help me with this, thank you in Advance

Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Let's see what we can do. I would like to know something else first because I cannot tell for sure from the previous posts. Did you already go through the relearn procedure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i went through the relearn process but it did not work, for instance, in every time minutes instead of the padlock should go off, it does not goes off. ability for it to goes off in 1o minutes, will confirm that a cycle back of the key to off position for 5 seconds is needed and then back to on again for another 10 minutes but it failed, the padlock stills remains on. i have used this method several time on other gm cars so i am familiar with this method a lot.. so please if you can provide me with a pincode or password XXXXX enable me to use programmer tool, that i have, i will be grateful...

vin: 2S3DB417476116383

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you can provide me with the passcode, you get extra bonus mark, provided it works.... able to program the key

Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.
The code you are asking for will not help you take care of this. If the light is staying on when the key is left on for 10 minutes then you either have a problem within the body control module or in the key lock cylinder. Typically the problem is the result of the wires from the cylinder breaking. I would recommend checking the wiring around the key lock cylinder. If it looks fine then unhook the battery for a few minutes while making sure that you touch the two battery cables together with them off. Then hook the battery back up and try the relearn again. If the problem remains then the BCM is faulty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well if you claim the bcm is faulty, i will request to program the key and see what would be the respond because i have used a tool to try to detect how many number of keys are in the system, it came up with zero keys, so therefore this could be that the car has lost memory and would need to be reprogram... so as my key tool is asking for password XXXXX it granted me access to program new key, if you can be of help, i will be grateful, at least trying would clear my doubt from that part, i have tested a relearned and did not work, so my next option is to do that.. please just do that help.. even if you want the bcm to be changed, i will still need the password XXXXX other to program the system, as i do not have gm tool but rather using third party key programmer, so please not to throw money into waste, kindly supply what i am asking for, i give it a try and then i carry on with changing of bcm, if it fails, provided the right password XXXXX XXXXX and ACCESS IS GRANTED. thank you

Expert:  FixItMan replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the code as you need the manufacturer scan tool for this. If you would like I will opt out and see if another expert can help you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES please OPT out for someone to help me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
this person, is multitasking and trying to do figure out answers which, is boring and could not prove professional, please open my topic for other valid suzuki experts to help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  tripletauto replied 1 year ago.

Hello,My name isXXXXX will try and provide you with some assistance to your problem today.

First of all is there an aftermarket remote start as well?

The problem is with the factory theft deterrent. If it had remote start on it then an immobilizer bypass module would have had to be installed. This could be why you are having problems starting it.

I see you have a key programmer. Try this set it up as an 07 Chevrolet Equinox and see if it will go into programming mode. I have a key programming machine also and remember adding a key or remote to an xl7.I had to use the Equinox to get it to work.

Do you have a scan tool that will read body control module codes? If so what are the codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you, actually there is no fault code in the bcm when i scan that module, all system showest no fault code but just that the padlock is on the instrument panel but when scanned no fault code, more over there is no aftermarket, even though it as wired by the previous user, but got disconnected when car as bought and came to my possesion.. secondly i have not tried the type of trick you have mention, will give it a try and see... thank you very much but let me ask, does it means no pincode for suzuki or what cos no one seems to help with that at all

This is basically an equinox. It will not ask for a pin code under Chevy. The Suzuki side does want a pin code and there is software you have to buy to get this. Try this and let me know worth a shot anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well i have tried your method, selecting the model of the car you asked to selected, i got to where i am suppose to add key, as soon as i select add key and enter, the system tried to communicate again and bounce back to ECU DISCONNECTED, communication Error

Ok well it was worth a shot.

When you tried to do the 30 minute learn procedure did you turn key to start and release then let sit for 10 minutes each time? you have to turn to crank and release.

Is your key the original? should say pk3 on the key up by the plastic. Here is the procedure for 30 minute learn:

30-Minute Learn Procedure

Important: Do not remove the key from the ignition during this procedure. If the key is removed, the procedure will have to be performed from the beginning.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN.
Important: The vehicle learns the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the PasslockTM Sensor Data Code and/or password.
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

Sometimes with a key that is not a master key the vehicle will get stuck in learn mode and you will not be able to program without the proper key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please what is a telltale, is it same as the padlock that lights on the cluster, if is it, i have tried this manual relearn and in 10 minutes time, the padlock refused to go off, it is always on. even i have extended the time more than ten minutes but yet the padlock does not goes off..

Yes it is the security light. And you turn to try and start vehicle with key then leave on? if you do not turn to crank it will not activate the relearn process. If so what sounds like is going on is the bcm is stuck in learn mode. This happens most times from the key not being the original master key. Or you have a problem with the theft deterrent module.without seeing live data and hands on approach there is not much else I can tell you over a computer. Please look at key and see if you see a pk3 or + stamp on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the key has a + stamp at the base of black head. and it has a remote hung to it as well... now i have used a scan tool to scan the bcm, there is no fault code as well as the engine side too

If you look in the theft data you will most likely see the status as learning. This is because that + key is not an original key. you need what they call a pk3 key to program then you can add the key you have now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have another update, today i hock scan tool to the car, and scan the bcm again, i have not find no error code but there is one un-usual thing that is happening in there, when i check for Read Data Stream, i notice that Key In Ignition status, shows NO, instead of YEs, because there is key insert into the ignition, therefore reading the live data, the key in ignition suppose to show, YES, not it remains, NO, ...

Okay, i have changed the antenna around the lock cylinder with new suzuki + stamp key , yet still it does not show any info on the scan tool...

i checked continuaity between the harness of the antenna and the bcm and everything seems fine, what do you think might be causing this set back, why the bcm cannot update or detect YEs at the Key IN ignition, status..

Thanks and i await to read from you,, and also if you say the plus suzuki key which i obtain by vin, is not correct, can you provide me with part number of the correct one... because what i have and have also ordered for a new one, is the same key that got the car moving early for a couple of day before this incident of Theft deterrant appearance on the cluster

THIS is data you should be able to see in all the modules.

Body Control Module (BCM)

Scan Tool Parameter

Data List

Units Displayed

Typical Data Value

Operating Conditions: Ignition ON, Engine OFF

Theft LED

Theft Data

On/Off

Off

Engine Control Module (ECM)

Scan Tool Parameter

Data List

Units Displayed

Typical Data Value

ECM Authentication Status

Engine Electrical

Unknown/Incorrect/Negative/Valid

Valid

ECM Challenge Status

Engine Electrical

Valid/Invalid

Valid

ECM Response Source

Engine Electrical

Normal/Remote Start

Normal

VTD Auto Learn Counter

Engine Electrical

Counts

Varies

VTD Auto Learn Timer

Engine Electrical

Active/Inactive

Inactive

VTD Password XXXXX Enabled

Engine Electrical

Yes/No

No

VTD Security Code Accepted

Engine Electrical

Yes/No

Yes

VTD Security Code Lockout

Engine Electrical

Active/Inactive

Inactive

VTD Security Code Programmed

Engine Electrical

Yes/No

Yes

VTD Security Info Programmed

Engine Electrical

Yes/No

Yes

VTD System Status

Engine Electrical

Standby/Fuel Disable/Dis. No Resp./Dis. Neg. Resp./Dis. Incor. Resp./Post Release/Pre-Release/Released

Released

Theft Deterrent Module (TDM)

Scan Tool Parameter

Data List

Units Displayed

Typical Data Value

Auto Learn Counter

TDM Data

Counts

Varies

Auto Learn Timer

TDM Data

Minutes

Varies

Battery Reconnect

TDM Data

Yes/No

No

Ignition Voltage Signal

TDM Data

Present/Not Present

Present

Immobilization

TDM Data

Active/Inactive

Inactive

Immobilizer Programmed

Powertrain Status

Yes/No

Yes

Master Keys Learned

Learn Key Data

Counts

Varies

PCM Auto Learn Timer

Powertrain Status

Active/Inactive

Inactive

PCM Password XXXXX

Powertrain Status

Disabled/Enabled

Disabled

Power Mode

TDM Data

Off/Accessory/Run/Crank Request

Run

Powertrain DTC

Powertrain Status

Yes/No

No

Previous TDM State

TDM Data

Asleep/Wakeup/Normal/Learn Passkey/Tamper/Monitor Key/Fail Pending/Lrn Keys Stdby/Learn More Keys/Learn Pending/Auto Learn/Auto Lrn Done/No Coded Key

Varies

Security Code Programmed

Powertrain Status

Yes/No

Yes

Start Disabled

TDM Data

Yes/No

No

Telltale Status

TDM Data

Off/On/Flash/Invalid

Off

Tamper Status

TDM Data

Active/Inactive

Inactive

TDM State

TDM Data

Normal

Theft Problem

TDM Data

Yes/No

No

Total Keys Learned

Learn Key Data

Counts

Varies

Transponder Key

Learn Key Data

Present/Not Present

Present

Valid Key

Learn Key Data

Yes/No

Yes

VIN Message Received

TDM Data

Yes/No

Yes

can you read data in the theft module?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, i cannot read in the theft module, when i tried, it resulted in Ecu Communication failed, but i am able to read the BCM, and in the BCM i had No to the Key IN Ignition, even though there is Key in the ignition, this made me to change the antenna for new and new key but yet still that status continue to remained NO,

now when it comes to theft led, when i used remote to lock the system, it changes, and i unlock it also changes...

secondly i have also notice something and that is, when i use the key to unlock the driver door, the theft light continue to flash at the right down corner of the cluster, unless i use the remote to unlock before this lite will go off, But even though this light goes off, the BIG padlock continue to display in the cluster, showing message of Theft Deterrant...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?fw3gi33fm9yqtqv

the above link shows the key which was starting the car before it got armed, now i ordered new of that same key, with ignition antenna, yet when you check the bcm live data, it says NO key , at the Key in Ignition...

remember, i am not able to read data from the theft deterrant module, even though i change to new..

If you are not able to communicate with the theft module then this is the problem. When module is replaced it has to be setup and programmed. this is done with a tech2 and computer. there is no other way.

Theft Deterrent Module Programming and Setup
1. Connect a scan tool to the vehicle in the Pass-thru arrangement.
4. On the Techline Terminal, select Service Programming System and follow the Techline Terminal on-screen instructions. Go to TDM Theft Deterrent Module from the controller list and select the appropriate on-screen calibration options.
5. After the programming has completed, turn the ignition OFF for 30 seconds.
6. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
7. On the Techline Terminal, go to V.T.D. Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn from the controller list and select Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn, ECM or PK3 Replaced. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. At this point the scan tool must remain connected for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.

Note:
The Techline Terminal will initially display 12 Minutes. The first 2 minutes allow the scan tool to initialize the appropriate control module. The remaining 10 minutes is the relearn timer.
On some vehicles the security indicator may be illuminated for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.

9. Observe the scan tool, after approximately 12 minutes the scan tool will display "Programming Successful, Turn OFF Ignition". The vehicle is now ready to relearn the key information and/or the passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
10. Turn OFF the ignition and wait 2 minutes.
11. With a master vehicle key, turn the ignition to the RUN position for 15 seconds, then start the vehicle. The TDM and ECM have now relearned the pre-release password XXXXX the challenge/response data.
The 30 minute learn will never work until the theft module is setup and programmed. You should be able to communicate with it though. check wiring and fuses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is the antenna around the lock cylinder called the theft module / immobilizer or are you talking about getting a new BCM as well....

for i have checked all the wiring connecting the antenna to the bcm and the main power line which is redwhite and all is fine, so which fuses might you be talking about

Yes that is the module on the lock cylinder. The fuses are in the instrument fuse panel for it. I am in the middle of programming ECM on car so cannot pull up exact fuse at the moment. Will post that in a few minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

looking at the wiring diagram, red/white is a direct battery voltage, brown is accessory, black/white is earth, and green is Glan.

with this study everything tested is fine and going through right... the bcm also is fine on power, therefore i wonder what is causing the module around the lock cylinder to failed, even though new one was replaced yet still cannot transmit to update active data on the scan tool..

take notice i do not have suzuki scan tool, i am using a universal tool that can communicate with modules and has the same operations of oem tools... it is called launch x431

least before i forget, i have posted a link of the key image, i hope it is the same as what you re talking about to be the master key... please make a comment on this as well, thank you

As far as the key yes it should be master key.

I have heard the launch scanner is good but it may not have the option of reading the data on this vehicle. I cannot tell you either way. what I do know is we get cars all the time from other shops with issues like this because they couldn't setup. You are correct on the wiring. It is looking like you just need to have the proper setup done on the module.graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So now that i do not have suzuku tech2 scan tool, this means there is no way i can setup the unit?

Unfortunately this is correct. The 30 minute procedure will learn a key. But you will never get that to work until the module is setup. The only way to do that is with tech2 or if there is another style that will program modules. There are some independent shops that have tech2 and programming access for Gm this is same as equinox. I am pulling the Suzuki xl7 info straight from Gm online service manuals.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have access to GM programming through J2534 reflash, using drewtech, i am able to program all GM vehicles, be it BCM, ECM or any other models, but this works with VIN number, now if i am to select GM through acdelco, and i happens to fix in suzuki vin, i dont think this will be able to work, well this is my mind i am speaking out, i will like to know what is your opinion. thank you

Yes I do not know if it will go thru. Set up as equinox and see if it will take vin number. It will not even start to program if vin doesn't work with system. But they want to use a pass thru method. This means having tech2 hooked up to car and cable from computer plugged in to it. Sometimes the j2534 mdi method will not give you the options to perform setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am confuse and disturb, a lot as i do not have the tech2, trying to use my drewtech 2534, would not yield no fruit, from your respond message, now please tell me, is it usual that 2007 xl7, using the key to unlock the driver side door, wont open all the four doors but only the driver side door, no matter how many times you turn the keys, twice turn or twices, the central wont open but only the driver door will open, and also even when the driver door opens, the theft left for the central blinks, until u used remote again to unlock the doors before the lite will stop, please i want to know if this is normal,thank you

Sorry for the delay. I believe the key only unlocks the drivers door not all four when turned twice.

The light will flash this is content theft system. This is tied in with the passlock system but a different security. The remote will unlock all doors and lets bcm know it is someone with the keys/remote. When just unlocking the door with lock cylinder it does not shut down all the way. This is why light blinks. Think of it this way, If you let a repairman or someone you didn't know in your house it is ok for them to be there. you would keep an eye on them to make sure they did only what they were supposed to do.(unlocking with key). If your mom or kids came over you wouldn't be concerned about them walking thru the house. (unlocking with remote) Does that help understand?

As far as the programming and setup you have to have that done by a dealer or shop with the equipment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi sir, i have a new latest info, i am able to read the live data of the TDM with the help of GM tech2 for chevrolet . i have this emulator on my laptop and has being able to communicate with the TDM and i have screen shots of various sections and will like to share with you for your opinion... you will need to get the file down and unzip it and study all the various shots, thanks for your responds to my problem

http://www.mediafire.com/?lyg1hxxov5yickj

please use the link above to get the file down and unzip..

The two codes that are stored b3055 and b3031 both are due to keys not learned. Under the tdm module is there a module setup feature using your laptop? From the dATA I see the tdm just needs to be setup and programmed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I there is no TDM setup module for the specific vehicle that i picked to read the information... i have tried to used other vehicles which has the module setup but when i tried to run that features, it failed and i guess may be because it is not suzuki column that is why it kept failing when i tried to setup the module under different vehicle model.

but looking at it, do you think the TDM is faulty upon the data being provided..

thank you and await to read from you soon

No everything looks fine from Tdm only thing I see is it stuck in learn mode. I have run into this before. You are going to have to have it setup and programmed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, then i will need suzuki tech2 to get this straight up then

Yes from what I can see that is what we are down too. both codes are programming codes. Everything else looks to be working fine. there is no other way to program it and perform setup. Sorry i know that is not what you want to hear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do i need to input some parameters while setting up the modules, if i may ask, if yes can you show me a screen shot of what and what must me entered in the various section, my next question which i want to ask you is this,

why before if a blank key is inserted into the ignition it failed to see or sense that key has being inserted even though it has not being program to work, but it is suppose to see key inserted into ignition

tHE TECH2 and programming software need to be used to perform setup. there are no inputs to go thru other than what is asked like vin number and all. As far as not seeing a key this may be due to not being setup properly.
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will let you know when i lay my hand on the tech2 tool, thanks

Ok let me know