Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Isuzu Rodeo: how to remove door panel to 2001 isuzu rodeo

Customer Question

how to remove door panel to 2001 isuzu rodeo
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. Please remember to RATE my answer!

To assist in removing the door panel, and to minimize the chance of breaking any retaining clips, there is a special tool: Trim Stick. You can usually rent this tool from any local big chain parts store. I've wrapped up the procedure to remove the panel into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing.

Download the procedure HERE

*** DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A RATING FOR MY ANSWER! RATING THE ANSWER IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE Q&A PROCESS! ***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need more info on step 8, removing trim panel.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Cursor down in the PDF. Step 8 says to remove the door panel... the "bulleted" items below step 8 tell you how to do this... "Remove 5 fixing screws (1) (3)" etc. The (1), (3) are shown in the image above step 8, and the clips (2) are also shown.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I find the 5 screws? I don't see them. What do I need to remove and how?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
In the image.... #3 and #1 are pointing to the 5 screws and their locations. #2 and the Circles are pointing to the clips and their locations.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got the 3 where the speaker is, but not seeing 2 screws where #1 is. Do I have to remove armrest or handle and how?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Where the lines from #1 are pointing are the screw locations. There very well may be plastic "caps" that you may need to pop off to gain access to the screws.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are no plastic caps. I see a door handle where #1 is with no screws or plastic caps. Does it pop off and how?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I am going to opt-out and forward you to another Tech that may better assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sit tight one sec... someone will be right with you...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I click on view response from Lurch and it brings me back here.

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Here you go let me know if this helps.
ClickHere
Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.Please rate sometimes the question will close and I will not receive credit for my help.You can add to the question at anytime for no further charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The diagram is pointing to 2 screws where grip cover is. How do I get grip cover off if that is where last 2 screws are?

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Yes the cover of the grip handle pops of then remove all the screws and the door panel will pop off its just held in by clips then.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.Please rate sometimes the question will close and I will not receive credit for my help.You can add to the question at anytime for no further charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got last 2 screws but how do I remove clips?

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Take a trim removing tool or even a butter knife or plastic spackle knife and work it around the door and pull it off .Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.Please rate sometimes the question will close and I will not receive credit for my help.You can add to the question at anytime for no further charge.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician