Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Maserati 3500 gt: How is the distributor driven on my 59 Maserati

How is the distributor driven on my 59 Maserati 3500. I can't seem to get any good diagrams and I think my ignition timing might be off. I now have good spark fuel and compression but no start. Maybe off a tooth the distributor itself can only be set 2 ways on or 180 out. What drives the distributor Thanks
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pete. Thanks for responding. I still need assistance with this issue.
I think one of the reasons why you have not had a professional respond is because this is a very difficult question, and there are few professions who have worked with this type of issue.After some research into this here I am also unable to locate any info or diagrams of this model vehicle as this is an older uncommon type of vehicle in question here.

What I suggest at this point is to have a shop/dealer look into this issue to see if the fault can be located and then corrected.I know this is not the answer you were looking for, and I know it can be frustrating to look for help, and find that there is none.

If you want me to opt out and put this question back on the list for other experts to see if they can assist more please let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.